The Wolves kick off the 2016-17 season on a Saturday, followed by the Showcase in Brantfords.
Go Wolves Go!
Sat Sep 24 – Lambton Jr Sting 3 Waterloo Wolves 2 (SO)
Brantford Showcase Sept 30-Oct 2
Fri Sep 30 – 6:00pm – Waterloo Wolves at London Jr Knights (Gretzky Center #1)
Sat Oct 01 – 10:30am – Windsor Jr Spitfires at Waterloo Wolves (Gretzky Center #3)
Sat Oct 01 – 5:00pm – Waterloo Wolves at Lambton Jr Sting (Gretzky Center #1)
Sun Oct 02 – 12:00pm – Huron-Perth Lakers at Waterloo Wolves (Gretzky Center #1)
Wed Oct 05 – 8:00pm – Waterloo Wolves at Brantford 99ers (Gretzky Center #3)
Click here to view the full schedule for 2016-2017.
The Waterloo Wolves Major Midget AAA hockey team is looking for a trainer.
Duties of this volunteer position include:
– Pre-game prep of players including wrapping, organizing and overseeing dryland warm-ups
– Caring for players’ minor injuries
– Monitoring players’ return to play in co-operation with doctors, physiotherapists etc.
– Offering nutritional and fitness advice
– Minor repairs to equipment
– Maintaining medical records as well as a stocked team medical kit
– Pre-game and pre-practice set-up of room and work with designated players on the post-practice/post game clean up of room
– Standard First Aid & CPR
– HTCP (Hockey Trainer Certification Program) Level II
The team is based at RIM Park in Waterloo. For more information or to apply for this position, contact Eric Calder, Head Coach, 519-570-3617 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Eric Calder, the 2016-2017 Head Coach for the Waterloo Wolves Major Midget AAA Hockey Team.
- B.A., NCCP HP II, Dip. B. Admin, Can-Fit-Pro PT
- Certified NCCP High Performance 2 Coach with NCCP Level 3 Theory from Hockey Canada
- First Aid Trainer 2 Certification
- Can-Fit-Pro Certified Personal Trainer
- His coaching experience includes Canadian University, Junior B, Elite Professional and Junior hockey in Europe, and 17 years with Skills Plus Hockey, along with many years of Minor Hockey
- Involved in elite hockey selection as an OHL scout and with the U17 and U16 evaluation camps
- 11 years of pro hockey including NHL / AHL and elite pro hockey in Europe
- Awards and championships include two-time Club European
Cup Finalist, CIAU All-Canadian, 1981 Memorial Cup Champion, and Canadian MVP of World Junior Championships, 5 Canadian Cross Country Ski Marathons (Gold Level)
To learn about the entire 2016-2017 coaching staff, click here.
The Waterloo Wolves extend their congratulations to all alumni as they progress from our major midget program to higher levels of hockey.
Over the years it has been very exciting to see our players move on the compete in all levels of Junior hockey, college/university play, European league and NHL.
As of the end of the 2015-16 seasons, 14 seasons in all, we have seen:
- 3 of our players make it to the NHL
- 17 players graduate to Junior A
- Over 70 players graduate to Junior B
- Over 30 players graduate to Junior C
We have many alumni playing hockey at universities and colleges in Canada and the US, as well as players in Europe. We even have an alum officiating in the NHL and another in the AHL!
We are very proud of all of these young men’s accomplishments. Once a Wolf, always a Wolf.
New game photos are posted regularly on the Wolves’ Facebook page (“Waterloo Wolves Midget AAA Hockey Team”) and on their Flickr account.